Methods and techniques for assessment of health care performance
Diogo Cunha Ferreira*, Ana Camanho, and José Rui Figueira
* Key Guest Editor
Socio-Economic Planning Sciences invites submissions that focus on theoretical contributions and innovative application frameworks to assess efficiency, quality, and access to health care systems (HCS) worldwide. For this Special Issue, we are seeking papers that address innovative methods and application frameworks to measure the performance in the health sector in terms of efficiency, quality, and access dimensions, including but not limited to the following topics:
- Measuring the impact of public policies or social programs related to health care systems’ performance;
- Health care systems’ performance in a variety of scenarios, such as in wealthy and developed nations, or impoverished and social excluded regions;
- Theoretical and methodological challenges in understanding the determinants of health care systems’ performance;
- Patterns and trends in health care systems’ performance, across time, contexts, and demographic groups;
- Social determinants of health care systems’ performance as they relate to demographic changes;
- Contextual determinants of health care systems’ performance and health disparities;
- Cross-national perspectives in the examination of health care systems’ performance.
The deadline for submissions is December 31, 2021. Authors should submit their papers online at https://www.editorialmanager.com/SSM/default.aspx. When asked to choose article type, authors should stipulate ‘Special Issue: Methods and techniques for assessing hospital performance.’ In the ‘Enter Comments’ box, the Special Issue title should be inserted along with any further comments to the editors. All submissions should meet the Socio-Economic Planning Sciences Journal author guidelines.
Early submission is encouraged. The referee process will start upon submission of the paper. Accepted papers will be published individually online as they are accepted before print publication. All inquiries concerning the submission to the special issue will be addressed directly by the Guest Editors. For any query, please contact the Key Guest Editor Diogo Ferreira.
Submission deadline December 31, 2021
Editorial and publication September 30, 2022
Detailed information available at the following URL: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/socio-economic-planning-sciences/call-for-papers/methods-techniques-assessment-of-health-care-performance