The International Data Envelopment Analysis Society (iDEAs) is pleased to invite nominations for the William W. Cooper Lifetime Contribution Award in Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA). The deadline for submitting nominations for this year is August 20, 2012. Once nominated, individuals are considered for at least three successive years.
Please see http://www.deazone.com/award/wwcooper_award2012.pdf for further details.
The award is given to the most distinguished scholars contributing to advances in DEA and not necessarily given out every year. The award winner will be invited to deliver the William W. Cooper Memorial Lecture at the iDEAs annual conference. The names of previous award winners will be posted at the iDEAs website.
This is a Lifetime Contribution Award given to an individual who has contributed substantially and significantly to the theory and practice of DEA during the individual’s academic career. Examples of accomplishments include, but are not limited to:
• seminal contribution to DEA research (including the results of systematic inquiries that define new directions for DEA research)
• publications in leading research journals publishing scholarly work on DEA
• impact of research work measured by social sciences and other indexes and citations databases
• impact or potential impact of work on the practice of DEA
• overall distinguished achievement to advance the theory, practice and knowledge of DEA
Please submit nominations electronically to Ali Emrouznejad (Award Committee Chair) at firstname.lastname@example.org. All nominations must include a curriculum vitae of the nominee and a detailed letter highlighting the individual’s accomplishments and contributions. Self-nominations are welcome.
Award Committee: Peter Bogetoft, Ali Emrouznejad, Finn Forsund, Luka Neralic, Joe Paradi and Subhash Ray